SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Wednesday: HUMP Day Strikes Back

____________GASP____________.


I pay taxes in three cities??!?


____________choke___sputter___.


Thanks for the offer, but I thought I'd
better show myself before the search dogs,
before the FBI drag me back
with a towel over my head.

Commuting to 2 campuses sucks.
I didn't realize I'd have to pay for
such an honor.

And by the way,
I simply can't teach Women Studies ever again.
Too much on the psyche--
to realize how helpless one can be,
caught in these huge systems of oppression . . .


For example,
tonight, in a mere matter of minutes,
I'll have to quote:

"Yet, there is also evidence that biology
isn't exclusively responsible for depression
in women. Studies have also pointed
to the role of life experiences,
particularly those of being in
an abusive relationship [shouldn't that be plural??],
experiencing poverty,
raising children without support,
and having a lack of control over one's fate,
as contributing to depression in women" (Visions 265).

Sigh.

Meanwhile, back at the SQMojo Cave,
my partner's CEO calls to ask, um,
when he's coming back to work?
Uh, like, never [but he tells the CEO he
is on medical leave--which is true at this point].
So, tomorrow, the horned CEO is meeting
with my partner's staff & redistributing work . . .

I too will be out of work come the 2nd week of June.
Whew! Good thing those imaginary cyotes
are just that--imaginary!
But, it being just the two of us--we'll thrive
in this forsaken society, I'm sure.

3 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life bites.

We've got your back.

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Taxes blow!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I concur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home