SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, May 12, 2005

[Frick'en] Profit Driven Economy

The strangest thing:

My interpretor is throughly enjoying my lectures.
The title of this post shares the title of last night's lecture.

After I spend the first hour illustrating that most
of our social woas can be traced back to the formulas:
Profit Driven Economy + Patriarch = Oppression
and
Poverty + Lack of Childcare = Violence,
the interpretor decides to chat with me during break.

And what a nice, fruitful chat it is.

Because, as you will see,
we hit it off swimmingly,
sharing our desires to improve our communities
and speaking to what our partners are doing.

And because it just fit well into the conversation,
I mentioned that my own partner had just turned in his LOR
at ____________ due to ethical reasons involving
the conflict between the Profit Driven Economy (PDE)
and social services.

The interpretor's partner?
Happens to be on the Board of said company.
(Yeah, I know. I was teaching in L and this is happening in C.)

I hope I've put a bee in a bonnet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home