SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Listserv v Blog

I think my most favorite listserv is dead.
I'm incredibly sad.

The LS is/was a ring of friends from grad school
who tried to keep in contact via email.
I thought it was handy and appropriate,
considering our writing skills . . .
and we all now know how I feel about, ehem, phones.
Not that eveyone feels the same . . .

Whenever someone loses contact with me,
I always have the same questions:
From, What did I do wrong? to,
What's crawled up her butt?

Generally speaking, this time,
with this ring of friends,
I think my "secretiveness" (ie. what I've
come to accept as my fractured life)
has alienated me
from those who want a more confident friendship.
Perhaps.
If so, I am truly sorry.
Or.
Maybe everyone's just busy.

One friend spoke to me about how she feels
that she is constantly judged by whom she hangs with;
ironically,
or not,
we haven't seen much of eachother since.

Did I say too much?

Another friend emailed me specifically--
those side conversations can be both glorious
and notorious--
because she thought that her cheery emails to me
were bothersome, considering my foul mood as of late.
Ag! to the heart.
Miscommunication is definately a draw back to email.
I was so relieved to hear from her.

Why am I blogging this?
I'm not sure. Considering that they each have access to this URL,
I may be manipulative.
I've often suspected as much.
Or,
just incredibly sad, honest, and a tad lonely.
A turtle can never come completely out
of its shell.

Maybe this post is a howl for help:
Please save our ListServ!

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was the one to kill it, actually.


But, assuming both of us are guilt tripping over something that has nothing to do with either of us, we'll just have to toast ourselves and wash away the guilt in June.

And I would assume the list-serv's silence can be attributed to end-of-term/beginning of summer maddness and the news will start flying again as the summer settles down and we all have a chance to breathe again.

Optimistic?

Then I howl with you.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Sounds very much like a summer break thing to me..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home