SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Thank You Anchored Nomad for a Nice Big Belly Laugh

The Anchored Nomad has a terrific post;
here's a snipet:

I hoped I was only imagining things when she turned to a fellow French exchange student whose family had still note arrived and loudly whispered, "Oh great, I'm living with a bunch of fat asses for the year."

We so desperately wanted to like her that we reframed every word that came out of her mouth into something that we'd imagined a cute little beret wearing French girl might say.

"You expect me to eat this trash? This fucking shit is not fit for the trough in a pig pen. My country has the most refined cuisine in all the world--not that you ignorant morons would ever care to study anything more than the TV Guide." she'd say upon sitting down to a family dinner.

My dad laughed a hearty-dad laugh, "This flipping stuff as you call it, Juliette, is a foot-long, all-beef hotdog. And I suggest you not add any ketchup before you take your first bite, because I think you'll find that the melted Velveeta cheese that mom put on it is all you'll need as a perfect condiment. We know you French people love your cheese."


How perfect! Kudos to you Anchored!
If you'd like more:

http://anchorednomad.blogspot.com/2005/05/french.html#comments

1 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

It was good, wasn't it? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home