SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

And I Keep Blogging--How? Why?

The cat [nod to avacado] is out of the bag, so to speak, in the tiny little English office known as 117.

Practically everyone knows now that I am teaching 4, count them,
4 classes this quarter--2ENG/2WS. They asked me. What could I say?
Lie?
I am disappointed.
I was seriously fantasizing that I could somehow
keep my good fortunes under wraps. I know of at least 3
fantastic instructors who will now be headed over to the WS department
looking for classes to teach.

You know, there are only so many classes to go around.
I certainly don't mind sharing--I just have a cluster of
ahem, little bills I need to pay.

Sigh. Just when I thought that I had found a quite niche.

8 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger PBS said...

Hard to keep good news quiet! I was so pleased about my freebie parking downtown that I must have told too many people--it's hard to find freebie parking now.

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Good for you.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeah, those damn "cluster of little bills" to pay.

My cluster just seems to get bigger and bigger. SO not a good thing, dammit.

I hate those....

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Tee said...

quiet... lol, and you teach what?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Oh this isn't just blogging, it's Xtreme Mountain Blogging! Hardcore!

Mmn, I'd like to say you blog because we'd miss you if you didn't, but it's really because you're addicted.

And we, the support group, encourage the problem. It's a good addiction though.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger sage said...

what's WS?

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody tell Mojo, but I might just have to move back to Ohio and steal some of her classes, too. Being broke and unemployed is nowhere near as much fun as everyone makes it out to be.

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got them because you're a good teacher. It's the administration's problem, not yours, my dear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home