SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, October 31, 2005

Domestic Violence

I saw _North Country_ with
a friend yesterday afternoon,

which was a bit surreal and completely ironic
since I had just experienced

my own erruption of violence before
she and I met at the empty cinema.


My partner and I were arguing
the same-old-same-old
in the kitchen: me, sitting at the table drinking coffee;
him, standing at the sink.

I felt that, once again, he was using
an old tactic . . . desperate,
I wanted to try something new.

He made an aggressive body motion
to indicate his ultimate frustration.

I? In response, I threw my coffee mug to the side;
I threw a saucer to the side. "Yeah?" I screamed.
The face plate to the stove's oven shattered.

Fell to the floor.

We've never been in silence this long.

I picked up my coat and left;
left him to pick up the pieces. Like I always do.

What scares me?
I've never been this calm, after being so angry.

6 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

I have never thrown anything else but my engagement ring... Many times it´s been too close, but I´m afraid of how he might react.

Sometimes we´re calm because we´re shocked by our own actions...

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

i've wanted to throw shit before but never have...it's hard being that angry and no outlet...sorry things came to such a point where you threw something...
anger is such a powerful emotion....so is saddness.

i hope things work out-for your well being.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I've thown lots and lots of stuff...not so much now anymore but I used to be really bad about it.

And yes, I know just what you mean about being scared because you're so calm. It's like..."Why? Something is changing....something about ME is changing." (Well, at least that's how I feel when that happens.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hmn, I'd take that as an omen.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Scooter said...

I don't usually throw things. I'm more of a sit and sulk type of guy. I'm usually the guy having things thrown at me. I guess I'm more of a throwee than a thrower.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Everyone should cut loose now and again! It's healthy...really!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home