SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Could It Be a Dear, True Friend? Life-Long and All of that Jazz?

So, I broke down and told someone:
Two girlfriends who live far away enough,
and who are professionally removed from me enough,
that I fell "safe."

One friend whom I have always suspected
I could share honest secrets with soon replied.

Here is her absolutely _perfect_ reply:

Dearest SQ,

And "Boo" back to you.

I have a headache. A big, bad one. I've taken
ibuprofen. I've taken Excedrin. I had some Coke for
the caffeine. I've had water in case I'm dehydrated.
And I still have it. Hmmmm.

Still working GRE this evening :). I'm waiting for my
scoring leader to call me back--I have a question
about an essay. And there's only one more hour to
go--woo-woo!

How many times do I have to tell you to quit throwing
your coffee mugs around? I mean, hello, how many
bruises did I have from flying coffee mugs? Ack. SQ.
I'm sorry that that had to happen. I mean, I'm happy
that you feel lighter, but I'm sorry about the not
talking, the broken oven, the mug. I've always
wondered if there was something "wrong" with me
because sometimes after fights with people (and as you
know, those don't happen all that often because I
bottle it up) I feel _so_ much better. Or relieved. Or
lighter. Or something.

I like that the silence allows things for you, but is
this an ongoing, forever silence? (sorry for the
hyperbole) Is it something you want to continue?
Because if the answer is yes, I'm worried. I know the
feeling of not wanting to talk to your partner, but I
also know the feeling eventually goes away for me.

And maybe you don't necessarily have to speak about
"it," but speaking can just happen? Maybe I'm giving
you really unhealthy advice (I'm not meaning to), but
maybe more talk about "it" right now will be more
damaging than helpful.

Why are relationships so difficult?



Isn't she just so d*mn perfect?
I feel like she really knows me.

5 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Does the other girlfriend sell instant road repair patches by any chance.
Take the wisdom of the friend in the post not the comments..

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger sumo said...

O Squirrley 1...you'll make it right in no time. Time heals all things...remember?

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger kimmyk said...

One day you'll just start talking as if nothing happened....
Has he even made an effort to say anything or start a conversation?
Silence isn't golden sometimes....

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

I smell vertigo and bullshit (you have vertigo, and are dangerously close to wanting the bullshit at the bottom). Time doesn't really heal anything. And acting like nothing ever happened is the worst strategy I know off. Honestly. And is lightness something to be sought after?

But everything is not lost.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Sumo said it....:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home