SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Yes It Burns; Who Will Endure?

So the big move from the coffee shop
back to L Hall
so we can all sit around and decide how WS100
should be approached at the U,
now that it is a Major.


Now that we are "working for the man."


No more comfy chairs and idle, girly chit-chat.
It's down to business--conference room style.
Memos? Check.


We still haven't spoken. He's stopped leaving
me friendly, little notes. I'm too numb to care.


Potatos in the oven @350, with butter & pepper.
Crisp brown on the outside,
tender in.

I see my book . . . I just can't tell what it is about.


Finished viewing _Chocolat_ today (the non-Depp version).
I love the fact that Protee turns down Aimee's advances!
And when France asks, "Does it burn?"
I swell inside.

Lectured on the economy and "McJobdom." Exposed
the University's "profit motive." Prophet or quack--
I can't tell anymore.

I'm playing with fire.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger kimmyk said...

what kind of potatoes?

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I would miss the little notes if I was you. Of course you could always write yourself notes..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home