SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, November 13, 2005

More Griping--Move Along

I think I could be a tougher grader
if I had more confidence
in the ciriculum that I've developed.

Firstly, I've, shhhhh, never even taken
a WS course in all of my living life.
So, it's not that I've had any training
or guide-lines in what to teach these students
and what to evaluate them on.

Secondly, my own background is Lit Theory.
Heavy emphasis on _theory_. Pretty sure
these 18-year-olds are getting too much theory
in a 100 level course, so I curve the grades.

Or should I say ricochet?

Try spelling that without a dictionary. Whew.

I don't think anyone deserves to fail Women Studies
unless they absolutely do _nothing_.
So, that leaves about 5 people failing.
And I feel like the shittiest teacher in the world.

Wonder what my new job will be?
BTW: Habitat printed the news letter without me.

5 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coming back to this blog I am!

This is my Strawberry Wine
blog!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

BUT, WS IS theory. I think it's difficult to develop practical applications before a thorough understanding of the underlying theory is had. I'm sure you feel stuck. Sorry :)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Who needs to be able to spell, now that we have the Google Toolbar? I use it constantly, and can actually feel IQ points leeching out of my bones like calcium.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what in the heck-type of metaphor is that?


"leeching out of my bones like calcium"??? ;-)^

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

what else should leech out of my bones, plutonium?

my body needs calcium, right? my brain needs to hold on to those IQ points... seems logical to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home