SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Wishes and Birthday Fortunes

Atwood's _Handmaid's Tale_ just arrived--
must read it immediately after blogging.

Is it just me, or was Amazon & Co. particularly
slow this year??

Also, I've always wondered how
my Grandfather recovered from TB back in the 40s or 50s.
I thought one died with TB.

He was to have been in the hospital for 32 monthes.
His children were dispersed to various uncles and aunts.
I learned that it was a traumatic time for my mother.

Dad: We just wanted to call and make sure
you were coming down tomorrow--

Me: Yeah, about 3--

Dad: We went and saw your grandmother Thursday.
She's not doing too good.
She saw a picture of your grandfather . . .

Me: Uh-oh. . .

Dad: Yeah, I don't know why everyone keeps
telling her he's gone--

Me: I think it's cruel to tell her over and over--

Dad: Well, she's always saying things . . .
I guess she says:

"I know he's with that woman [in an
adjacent state] . . . He'll be sorry, I'm not taking
him back this time . . ."


Uh. Hello? Who's the other woman?
Um. I don't think dear gramps had TB.

More Holiday secrets to come . . .

2 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger Phil said...

other woman ??
Have a Very Merry Christmas Squirrley...

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Why do holidays always reveal secrets?

Have a great holiday weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home