SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, December 22, 2005

It's true.
And perhaps that's the explanation
you've been waiting all year to hear--
the origins of my oddness, so to speak.

I haven't had access to television programs
for at least 6 years, if not longer.

And no, I'm not blogging from prison.
I hear they have cable there.

I have lots and lots of reasons
for not watching television.

I suppose this is a good place
to begin sorting those reasons out.
Let's see (perhaps in no particular order):

Two distinct situations arrived
that kept me occupied for a while . . .

Then I believed that TV was distracting me
from my work--particularly when I began my MA . . .

But these aren't entirely satisfactory . . .

Probably had something to do with my EX
and that last affair reducing me to a snivling heap
on a couch watching 80s & early 90s sitcoms
for six months into oblivion . . .

Maybe it's the shock people give when I tell them?

Definately my disenchantment with this world,
this culture . . .

Humph. I guess my reasons are too personal
to explore here after all--

4 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I'm not amish, if that's what you're thinking.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

i don't have a television either.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Very good reasons!!

I've considered getting rid of TV too, but am not brave enough.

I was without tv for about a year at one point, and I was a lot more productive.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I gave up tv for a couple of weeks once and I also was more productive. And then they built a highway in my front yard because I didn't have a clue what was going on in the world so I caved and started watching again. And they removed the highway. And I was unproductive.
It's hard to talk about it now but I do feel gassy so it must be true that getting things out in the open helps..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home