SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Is It Over?

And why does everyone keep wishing
me a Merry Christmas?

The first time was nice . . .
the second and third made me feel like:

"Ehem. 'Merry Christmas.'
Ehem, Squirrleymojo, you should, ehem,
stop posting you know. I mean, it's Christmas and all.
We all have lives.
Oh, oh, and I'm sure you do too.

It's just that we, ehem,
have, uh, Christmas stuff to do now.
With real people.

Not that we don't love you but,
ehem,
'Merry Christmas' (wink wink nod nod)."

Then I just realized that I've misinterpretted--
you keep replying "Merry Christmas"
because you keep checking your blog,
your blog circles, your blog dramas too.
You, my friends, are sneaking quick nervous peeks--
jotting snippets of thoughts,
trying to snatch at normalcy
amid all the red and green just as much as I . . .

7 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK--so I will shut down my PC and see how long this lasts . . .

Let me know if anything terribly interesting happens

and I love you all.

SQ

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger sumo said...

Happy Festiveness O Squirrley One!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger kazumi said...

busted...

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Merry Christmas.
No one is up yet. So I'm on here. Waiting...waiting..

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

Merry Christmas, oh Squirrley One! Yours is the first blog I check each day - holiday or not.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Swampy, you're the best--the only scientist that can make me all warm and smiley--hope you had a good holiday and that your recovery is going swimmingly.

Sumo, ever see Spongebob LIFE, from Milton Bradley? I did yesterday . . .

Happy, I should have known you'd be the first one up!

Kaz, you still here? :-)

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger kazumi said...

um yes, still around, blah blah blah. Lost your URL for a while, was v. upset but have been happily loitering for a little while now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home