SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, February 12, 2006

All rights reserved.

My estranged sister contacted me:

she's seperated from her now estranged boyfriend.
She has 3 little girls: Maddy, age 5; Hailey, age 2,
and Kristen, age 6 mos.

She's living with her (my?) parents--
which makes my contact with her incredibly awkward.

She's been in this situation before, obviously.
The girls each have different fathers;
my sister is only 26. I tell this to no one.

Last week, I taught on domestic, now termed "partner,"
abuse.

***

Perhaps I'll write a novel about two women
who meet in grad school.
One woman comes from a prestigious family in the mid-west;
the other, from not such.
Mid-way through the novel, the doctor's daughter
discloses that she is, in fact, adopted.
The other woman never discloses the origins
of her own family history (althought the gentle
reader will be able to piece it all together).

Ironically, such a plot sounds so contrived.

7 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

Such irresponsibility is sad for the little girls.
*SNORT* Partner Abuse.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Lillee, you know I love you, but that knee jerk response is exactly why I tell no one.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger dot said...

I'd read a book like that.

I'm not sure if you'll find that reassuring, or not!

;-)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Thelonius said...

I think I approve of the term 'Partner abuse'.

My relationship with some of my family is mediated by their relationships with people I can't be around. The weird intimacy I have with people I spent my childhood with, in spite of our subsequent estrangement, is a source of endless fascination for me. This post has me thinking about it again.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I'll bet that book would sell. Doesn't seem that contrived, actually.

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger b o o said...

so sad

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Three different fathers? Yikes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home