SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Worse Than I Thought

Ug. Shopping.
So I spend three hours,
on what?
A lousy skirt.

Oh. And a swimsuit.
That's why it's worse than imagined.
Why must swimsuits be on sale in March?!?
When extra Christmas cookies are still lingering?
Sick b*stards.
Anyway, I bought a coral and brown tankini.
I think I'm liking all the turquoise out there right now too.
Has a south western feel . . .

The other women in the fitting rooms
sounded quite chipper. Chattering about accessories
and heels.
Their hair! I'm having 80s flashbacks; sure it's shorter,
but the styling products, time, and energy
that must go into those dos!
All of the rings, necklaces, ear fixtures too--bling galore.
I'm so far out of the loop. Fresh and simple is my style.
Wonder what I would be like with a complete makeover?
I've seen some other professors and instructors
who could really use one . . . eee. I'd rather not
linger at the mirror here.

3 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

UGH!! Bathing suit shopping...I hate it.

Stick with fresh and simple - you don't need a makeover :)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I think my swim suit attire this wear will be sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

That ought to cover just about damn near everything!

:(

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

'Bling Galore' sounds like the name of an Austin Powers femme fatale.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home