SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, March 16, 2006

March Madness

Virgina Woolf killed herself on March 18th.

I wonder how her work would be accepted
if she hadn't killed herself?

Hadn't had a published affair with Ms. Sackville.

Hadn't married Leonard and started publishing Elliot.

Simone DeBeavoir taken seriously via
her long time lover Jean-Paul Sartre . . .

Sylvia Plath: relationship to Ted & suicide.

I can't help but to see a pattern. A disturbing pattern
concerned with the valorization of literature.

6 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

Julius Caesar died on March 15th and St. Patrick's day is the 17th; meaningless sequence, you think? You're right.

Scarcity seems always to increase value, and death is scarcity fully realized.

I almost thought you were gonna go the feminist route and lament over the fact that these women became connected to men before they were appreciated.

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

Another tone issue here! Oh my! The sequence thing isn't meant in any way to mock your sequence at all; I was trying to draw up some sort of funny historical conspiracy directed by evil bombastic masons. I think I my attempted levity failed.

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No tone issue at all: levity, a sucess.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Don't get me started on Sylvia. Yeesh.

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I assume value is to be found by some when it comes in nice, safe packages – even if it does fall comfortably in the lap of the stereotypical woman – insane and validated by sexuality.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home