SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, March 20, 2006

My Hundred and Eleventh Birthday

I am approximately one hour away
from being on Spring Break; after I drink this tea,
I shall turn in the grades for my WS200.
My next class isn't until Tuesday.

For the next ten weeks,
I will only be teaching on T/TH, from 9am-1pm.
I won't know what to do.

In the meantime, I've applied for the position
of StoryTeller at our local Library.
Every summer they run an ad
seeking to contract someone to read to preschoolers
for six weeks of the summer, half hour treats, at $2400.
That's about $100.00 an hour. Perfect.

I worked at a preschool from '97-'98
and hopefully meet all the qualifications . . .
but this is relatively a small circle
and I'm sure the Library has someone already picked out.

But, could you imagine? Wouldn't it be lovely?
I have all the right voices and facial expressions
for storytelling and have been doing so for at least 12 years.
If I should get this position, perhaps I could delay
getting a real job even longer . . .

On another note, house hunting is such a drag.
We've only seen a couple worth a second glance--
in our price range that is. My, I have found a couple
little cottages starting at $359,900.00, but I find that
a bit pricey and too many bathrooms to clean. Seriously.

One stunning house was right within our price range
and looked like a lodge we frequent--
vaulted ceilings, tons of wood, and a nice loft--
too bad it was built on a cliff and came with an
"As Is--No Warrenty" sign attached . . .
My partner wouldn't budge.

Would have been so romantic for writing . . .
Hope you have a lovely day
and that all of your favorite dreams come true;
I believe that's an important qualifier, don't you?

3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That would be a lovely job! How cool is that???

And good luck with the house hunting...I may soon have to be doing a bit of that myself and I am SO not looking forward to it!!!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

Dang. That's a lot of money for story hour.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Ooohh... happy house hunting... seems like little cottages are freaking expensive everywhere... the $$ you mentioned sounds about the same here - unfortunately in the area i like best that would only get you 3 bedrooms (one of which isn't really a bedroom just a really big closet) and maybe a bath'n'a'half.

Note to self: try to remember what my favorite dreams are - i know i had some once

 

Post a Comment

<< Home