SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What's it to You?

I simply couldn't help myself:

As I drove by my favorite little,
tucked away shop on the corner of Main Street,
my diet didn't matter anymore.

All I could bare was the thought
of the "Special Dozen" advertised on Skippy's sign
in all of its plastic, black-lettered glory.

When I pulled through the drive thru,
I ordered the dozen so quickly that
my saliva glands actually squirted, painfully,
at the back of my mouth.

Yes, ok. I ate two before I left the parking lot.
Crisp, clean, fresh
baby carrots are a secret indulgent
I refuse to live without.
They make my eyes roll into the back of my head.
And I never want to share. Never.
It takes all of my will power not to eat the whole box
in one sitting.

3 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. You stopped and bought a box of 12 baby carrots and you are worried about weight gain.
Are the carrots covered in lard and sugar or something..

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

They sell carrots by the dozen? Incredible.

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

hmn...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home