SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Miner in English

Found this in my INBOX:

SQ:
My name is J B and I was in your English class, I think it was English 101, about writing and film my freshmen year in the fall of 2003. It has been a while so I hope you remember me. I wrote about the the predator and prey relationship displayed in the movie Psycho, maybe that rings a bell...then again maybe not. Anyways, a lot has changed with me since then, I have since transfered to another university where I will be a senior this coming year majoring in Political Science, Journalism, and possibly minering in English. I am writing you because your class was one of my favorite I've taken in college and I was wondering if you would be willing to write a letter of reccomendation for me. I am currently in the process of applying for law schools and plan to start law school next fall. Your letter would help to show the consistency of my dedication to academics I've had since entering college. I would appreciate it very much if you wrote one, let me know if you will and I will send you the materials for it (it is a pdf file that you have to print out and mail in with your letter). I hope everything is going well with you, thanks again.
-Sincerely,
J B

The note is so sweet I'm almost ashamed of myself
for posting it--but this is a prime example of something
I would have done (am still capable of doing).

It's great that he remembered me; I wish I would have taught him
how to spell "minoring" while he was in my class . . .
I hope he doesn't catch the black lung.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Who needs spelling? I still haven't mastered the apostrophe.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger kazumi said...

Talk about workplace satisfaction! That note is so sweet. And I agree with mc etcher on the apostrophe thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home