SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Mama-drama

Since _TIME_'s latest article on _Lost_,
I've been intriqued
with the interplay of net & tele.
But not enough to research it.
Yet.

And you?

But I am working my way through Season I.

Riiiing riiiing.

OK--NO! THIS IS NOT A POST ON LOST;
THIS IS A RANT ON MY MIL:

Did you know I can't answer my phone during the day?
Rather, I don't.
She calls and leaves 5-7 messages a day on the answering machine
when she knows I am here working.

I don't answer the phone b/c I know it's her.
And I know that by the time I am off the phone w/her,
I will be either cranky, mean, upset, worried, or all
of the above.

It's Saturday morning now; I don't want to grade papers
due in 3 hours.
I'm blogging.
The phone rings.
And like an absent-minded freak,
I pick up the phone.

Mama-drama, baby.

I want to shout into the phone:
and THAT'S why I never pick up!!!

Every October-November.
Talk about seasonal disorder.

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Eeep! It's all about Caller ID

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be a polite way to tell her to "go suck eggs"..

How about "Hang on. Someone I actually like is at the door."
or "I have to hang up. I'm going to barf if I keep talking to you"

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks peeps!

Yes, Caller ID. But why should I have to pay to not talk to her???

Ok, so you have a point--at this juncture I would.

HB2, do you know her or something?

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

"I don't answer the phone b/c I know it's her."

Tell you a secret...when I pick up the phone and see it's my MIL on the caller I.D. (and The PK isn't home), I don't answer the phone either.

;)

It'll be just our little secret!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home