SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, November 09, 2006

I Blog Because I Want to Blog

Long time no see.
Where to begin?

Spent the weekend in the Cardiopulmonary Ward
with a close friend
and haven't recovered yet.
Her spouse, 36 year old male, had a full blown
heart attack
and was Life Flighted to my town.

I was just passing the very hospital in question,
on my way to that dreadful Saturday WS class,
when I got the call.

His heart is shit.

They have two wonderful children
and he was on the soccer field when it happened.

I guess he'll survive this time.

But what was utterly disturbing about the whole affair
was watching her face
and knowing that she was seeing this moment
as an opportunity--
a way out.

4 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A way out"..How very sad..

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

eeep! i hope it all turns out for the best, however it turns out.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger swamp4me said...

There are other ways out - of course, we don't know everything she knows...

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

I understand that..sadly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home