SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Sledge Hammer

comes down;
the sledge hammer comes up.

Yikes, I found _Alligator Annie_ by Deborah Rose Burton
in my WS mailbox this morning
and the "American Poetry Review"
in my ENG mailbox.
What is the Universe telling me?

I have to meet with a student
who ripped her paper off from someone else, and fail her,
after (or before?) I pass out my evaluations today?

And my comp director suggested that I make my prompts
more specific so that the students _can't_ cheat.
But I still love her--even if I'm shamed.

Last day of classes. Thank the Lord.

3 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think cheating gets a bad rap. It shows creativity and makes students more adept at the backstabbing and cheating that occurs when they finish school and enter the merry world of work..

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Plagiarism is so much more work than actual writing. I once had to do a report in Biology class on an insect -

I invented an insect. Made up every detail. I got an 'A'.

Good times.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

How did you catch her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home