SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Eyes of March Maddness

Ahh. To start the morning
with a fresh cup of Java
and a blinking curser. And not
to worry about fragments.

Instead, wallow and bask
in a thick, heavy font.

This is the life,
is it not?

My partner and I
are seemingly at war. Example:
we agreed to read a novel together
this Spring Break. He chose Orwell's 1984.
I'm dying.
Worse than graduate school.
See, we've been chosing flicks and books
on the far side of each other's spectrum
as revenge for the latest bit of entertainment
we've put each other through.
Vicious cycle.
Still not with me?
Example: Our last weekend together, I rented
The Science of Sleep (or was it Dreams?), Brazil,
and scrambled to see Pan's Labyrinth
(which wasn't what he expected
and was beyond what I had hoped).
He was tortured.
Now it's my turn.
Fine; next weekend? It's The Break Up, for sure.

3 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oh you are so nefarious! ;)

Hey, it keeps it interesting though, doesn't it?

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Cindy and I tried that - I read her book, and then she never read mine. Never again!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What'd you think about Pan's Labyrinth?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home