SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, March 07, 2005

Has Blogger Gone Lame?

I step away from blogger for just one weekend and I come back to a bombardment of annoying ads and teenyblogs.

With the exception of my close knit blogger-dynomos, I lack the patients to wade through random blogs looking for signs of life . . .

I wish , o how I wish, that the little square with "Search" beside it, followed by "Blog This!," could really be used as a search engine to find blogs with key words . . .

can you hear me out there, out there, out there, blog genie???

5 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Oh great One said...

I hear ya! At the first sign of any teenyisms I am clicking "next blog". I guess everyone has a right to blog but I am with you on the search engine thing. Seperate but equal!!!!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

If you're interested in finding keywords in blogs, you might check out -

http://www.technorati.com/

For best results, put quotes around your search term, like so "sexy goldfish".

The results will be from many different blogging sites, not just Blogger.

So if you want to see if people are talking you, put in your name - or about your new novel (Me, publish? That'll be the day) you can search for the title, and etc.

 
At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you go to Google and search for something like

"glitter shoes" site:http://blogspot.com

you can also find blog posts. On the other hand, if you search for "horse" in the little search box at the top of the page, you get zero results, so I don't know what that search box is for. Bizarre. It says it's google, but it's google with no results.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Brian said...

It's amazing how much crap is out there, and what is up with the 'blog this' not working ... I don't get it :(

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree 100% about the teeny blog situation, but you gotta hope they develope into decent reads once they get rid of all the angst and other peoples song lyrics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home