SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

And Then--Monsoons

Bloggers can go for a stretch without anything to really say,
then, all at once, become absolutely flooded with blog-type scenerios.

For instance,
I had lunch today with the woman over seeing the "camp."
She sat down, tossed aside her appointment book,
and immediately stated:

"This isn't an interview. So don't think it is. Just don't
think I am going to sit here and interview you.
I really have to go to the bathroom.
I'll order this tea, then I have to go. To the bathroom.
But no, swing by tomorrow and fill out the paper work,
but this isn't an interview . . ."

Why can't a 60K+ w/ full binnies go like that?

So I had lunch with her,
another woman who looked like Olivia Newton John,
and my partner.

Seeing my partner in this type of environment
made me realize just how weird my partner really is.
No details here, just trust me.

But the woman who was hiring me was one of "those."
She was all about meeting me and feeling my, uh, energy.
She needed to know if I had a positive or negative energy,
and how that might fit into the dynamics of her team.

Interview-type questions really couldn't give her such information,
I suppose,
because "answers" can be faked.
Instead, she talked to me about pets. At length.

Luckily, I have a cat.
Unluckily, he isn't mated.
I should look into that.
Even if he doesn't have balls.

She visibly flinched when we began to talk about fencing
and I mentioned a friend of mine
who has invisible fencing for her 2 acres in the country-side.
In all fairness,
the woman never flinched until I mentioned
the "training" of the dogs--you know, when they are >zapped<
in order to teach them their boundaries.

That was a moment of bad energy.

But I really dug her ear-rings, which were the type
I can either never afford, or am not brave enough to wear.
No, they were not crystals.

So, I fill out the paper work tomorrow.
Then, for the next 2 weeks, Tuesday-Friday, 9am-2pm,
I will job coach an 18-year-old woman with MRDD
at a discount store about 40 minutes away.

I have no clue what I'm doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home