SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, July 14, 2005

But Isn't Drilling a Hole in Someone's Roof a Crime?

The local police, of course,
haven't done anything. Even though it was quite a scene.

We don't live to far from a fire station,
so Officer T called for a ladder.

I went into the house and made everyone tea.
At 4:30 in the morning.
A couple of neighbors came out in their robes.
I still don't know their names.

Officer T was a bit hefty around the mid-section,
and I worried about him falling through our roof.

They didn't even take pictures--
wouldn't you think they'd take pictures?
I mean, does this happen everyday?
AND he only had one glove on. WTF?

When he came down from the ladder,
he was holding the bag in hand.
"just a kitchen concotion. smells like cornstarch.
some kids making a prank no doubt. you teach, right?"

He actually put that queer slime up to his nose?
I could see that there would be no lab testing,
no finger-printing, no real investigation. Afterall,
I guess this isn't the X-files or CSI . . .

"I don't teach kids." I told Officer T.
"And I don't teach aliens."

3 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slime? Methinks the pranksters were watching Nikelodion. Nickelodian? Isn't Nicky whatever the most popular kids' channel? Why don't I know how to spell it?

Anyway. I find myself wondering what's up with your bedroom ceiling if cornstarch soaked through it... Do you have a ceiling? I think I am now going to imagine you sleeping under an unfinished rusticky attic roof kind of thing.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

You know, of course, it all is because you're a writer. A creative one at that. One of your non-kid, non-aliens probably spent too much time meditating about her textual existence and tried to throw a twist in the plot; you know, trick the author or something.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Tee said...

go get that shtuff tested.
smells like cornstarch?
wtf?

be a little paranoid...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home