SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, July 18, 2005

Create.

What a loaded word.
Is this a command by blogger?
An option?

Or is it a desire
by the button pusher?

More rains and scattered thunderstorms today.
I am suppose to be finished with the HH Newsletter,
but it's kindof FUBAR (I exagerate); I am frustrated
that news of the Women Build didn't make it into the Newsletter
at an appropriate time (ie. when it could have also served
as avertisement for people to join).
I don't want to be associated with writing I have little control over.

Also, at the HH Build last week,
I made another contact & was offered another job
at another branch campus . . .
good. But I cannot teach more than 4 classes this Fall.

I forgot to tell:
this Wednesday I will be having lunch with a woman
who is looking for a job coach in a summer youth program
for the mentally challenged youth.
I want to help, and I could certainly use the money,
but I've never worked with [true] mentally challenged youth.
It will suck away the back end of my summer,
but it will only be 4 hours a day
for 4 weeks . . .

and I will have new material to blog.

6 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I think it's a command by blogger. And I'm sure there's some subliminal stuff in there too but we're just not meant to know it...:)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Tee said...

sometimes we need a command or two, sometimes we hear what sounds like a command and we bristle, ready to rebel. sometimes, we command.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

It's an interesting phenomenon when new possibilities appeal to me because it would mean new blog content.

It's a good thing! A year ago, I would have laughed at the idea.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What would be the effect, do you think, of handing a group of freshman comp students a paper prompt that said "create an essay..." instead of "write an essay..."

Or better yet, of having students compose via blogger (or similar), where peer critique could be done via comments at the bottom....

Oh, I know, your post wasn't at all about freshman comp, but I was thinking about the complete lack of poetry in my life right now and trying to figure out why I don't have a program that orders me to create. Maybe it would help.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Rainypete said...

It's your choice, of course, but I would think that helping out the challenged kids would be a fulfilling way to spend part of a summer. Plus the experience would be invaluable.

As for the "create button" I think blogger is drunk with power and equates itself as some kind of deity. Commanding users to "create" is a bit presumtuous wouldn't you think?

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://kiteretsu.jp/on/grow3/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home