SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Mysterious Packages

I had a package in my mailbox
from Alaska
at the University.

Inside was a small keychain
with these glittery words:

"People who act like they know eveything
annoy those of us who do."

***

That same afternoon, I stopped at a subway
downtown to pick up a six-inch spicy Italian on wheat.
When I exited the building I noticed a strange character
standing beside my Neon.

He was acting suspcious and I wondered if I had locked the doors.

Obviously, he didn't see me crossing the street,
coming directly toward him,
because, after looking up and down the street,
he reached into a trash can
and picked up a styrofoam lunch container
and quickly tucked under his jacket.

Drug deal was my first thought;
poverty was my second.

How might you interpret this scene?
And more importantly, why?

10 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Poverty, I'd guess.

Ooh, another tidbit of info - SQ drives a Neon. Another piece of the growing collage.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I think the keychain is probably from a secret club made up of people who rule the world. They want you to join them.
I think the guy probably managed a restaurant and needed the styrofoam container for a take out order..

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

If I was at work my first thought would be drug deal...if I was off-duty, then I'd probably think he was down on his luck and needed some food.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

A neon??? I could have sworn it was a Pinto.
I think he's a Russian selling secrets through trash services. BEWARE OF DUMPSTERS.

Nano-Nano

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

I'm glad to see you eat wheat bread :)

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Vicarious Living said...

Poor guy - either way, digging through the trash is not conducive to ego boosting.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Łóòň Ġãĺ said...

Poverty probably...i wudnt interupt at all actually....too scared to get into nething like this.

Cheerzz!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger The Sasquatch said...

I'm guessing he's an undercover FBI agent picking up secret documents to take to Dick Cheney and George Bush (the REAL ones, not the robots posing as them for the public to see). These documents, of course, spell out in explcit detail the coming alien apocalypse.

...Or he was nuts. One or the other

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Litany said...

I guess I'm dirty minded, but I thought of C&B when I read 'mysterious packages'.

Like Dane Cook's favorite game, "Who's in my mouth?"

Apologies, I'm in a crude mood today, won't happen again.

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Making readers wait days and days for new SQ post is inhumane!

Don't make me call the UN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home