SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, October 09, 2005

It's Boot Wearing Time

Perhaps I'm a bit early,
but I have these fantastic black boots
that click-clack on the cobble stones.

And when wet leaves scatter themselves about
along my path, I imagine their colors
reflect along the buckles.


How many 20, 30, 40 of thousands of people
must die before I become emotionally inured
to the constant suffering around me?

My time will come. I suspect. And although I may not
suffer a tsunami, hurricane, or earthquake . . .
death will come to me in its own cloud of ruin.

Until that moment arrives, I must blithely walk
in these clickity-clack heels,
up and down the cobble stone paths
watching the seasons change
and trying not to trip.

6 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Thelonius said...

Love this poem. I reckon you could publish this.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

haaa. I love that "...trying not to trip"

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

MMn, girls in boots...

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

fall and words love each other passionately.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Very nice.

Boots and all....:)

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Fred said...

Great poem. If you tripped...well...who knows?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home