SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, October 14, 2005

Die Academia Die

I googled the phrase "Die Academia Die"
tonight to no avail--
everything that came up on the first 52 pages
was in German.

So I post tonight
for any frustrated academic
who may want to spat off in English.

Also, I wish I could get a hold of
pirated web copy of
Stephen Dunn's "After"--

which is a poem about Jack and Jill,
after "their fall" with a long "arduous evening" ahead of them.

I stumbled across it in the book store last weekend,
and the way Dunn turns the ordinary into the marvelous
is to be admired.


Yep. Guess that's why he got the Pulitzer in 2001.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger swamp4me said...

So give...what did happen after Jack and Jill took that tumble??

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger TLP said...

I'm lost. I've read several posts, and I'm lost. But still drawn to read more and to comment. Don't know why. Interesting.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

I've read all kinds of booka and have never heard of this one. Is it a children's book or adult satire?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Ha ha ha German sites! That's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home