SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Riot in WS100

My WS100 broke out in a riot
this afternoon--I sh*t you not.

I invited a First Wave Feminist
who claims to have been on the "front lines"
during the movement in 1972
to come speak to my class.

Now, she's a University speaker as well
(she will address the University in about a half hour, actually)
and came with a "full court" following her, so to speak.
Journalist galore. [OK-two.]

She brought a friend.
A writer for the Boston Globe,
who decided to speak as well.

Her friend and I got into an actual shouting match
in the last 10 minutes of class
in front of all of my students.

Yes, an out and out shouting match:
She, pointing her finger at me,
and I, myself, throwing my head back
and gut-laughing incredulously.

Two raging, self-proclaimed "feminist"
cat fighting on the floor. What a hoot
it must have been for the spectators.

Yet, this spectical proved to me
that I do, in fact, think my ideas are worth fighting for--
and the way this woman acted and "read" culture,
sh*t, I know I'm in for RADICAL change.

5 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

People were raped and molested in the seventies and early eighties, no one had the guts to talk about it though. Heck at that time, it was scandalous to see a couple making out on tv. Now, we have homosexual relations and body parts thrown at us every time we turn on the tv. It's easy to come out and say one has been raped or molested, in fact sometimes..could it be... A status symbol????? The shock, the horro, how dare I say that????

I'm serious though.
Excellent post.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Did you end up kicking her a**..

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Holy shit, I can just picture you laughing while being shouted at.

I want to sign up for one of your classes!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Who's the college teach
That's a blog machine for all the readers?
SQUIRRLEY!
Ya damn right!

Who is the woman that would risk her neck
For her brother man?
SQUIRRLEY!
Can you dig it?

Who's the kat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about?
SQUIRRLEY!
Right On!

They say this cat Squirrley is a bad motha
SHUT YOUR MOUTH!
I'm talkin' 'bout Squirrley.
THEN WE CAN DIG IT!

She's a complicated woman
But no one understands her but her homies
SQUIRRLEY MOJO!

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oiii...q blog mais lindoo..
Asmeii
Lila nois num si conheci mto bem..mais vc parece ser mtooooo legall
Bjokitassssss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home