SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, November 28, 2005

There Ought to be a Law

The barren hills
are crawling with orange ant-like
army men with high power riffles

way too close to the road.

On my commute today,
I hunkered down in my seat
waiting for the stray bullet
to pierce the door, the hood, the windshield
of my car
and end my miserable little life
in one red splat.

Ok, I'm not too miserable today really.
I found a sale on nutcrackers,
a chef, a soccer player, a fisherman, and a king,
to give to this little six-year-old boy I know--
who, of all things, wants a collection of nutcrackers
for Christmas this year.
Who is this kid's parents?

It's 69 degrees; tomorrow is set for 45.
I'd take off this sweater
if I hadn't gained that 4lbs
eating cookies and cakes all last quarter.
Ooops.

4 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

You wrote that off the cuff, didn't you DIDNT YOU

I hate you so much

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Stupid hunting season..

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Hell, I gain 4 pounds IN ONE DAY! It was called Thanksgiving and it all went straight to my thighs.

;)

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Phil said...

I've lost 4 pounds in one shitting, I mean sitting ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home