SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Conversation to My Mind

Freud: You know, I think men are afraid of women.

Irigrary: Oh yeah? Why so, pray tell?

Freud: When a little boy first learns that girls,
particularly his mother, do not have a penis, I think
the little boy assumes that his father has castrated them.

Irigrary: Really [bored] . . . you arrogant, pompus twit?

Freud: Oh yes, oh yes. You see, the little boy seeks
to replace
his father some day, but his father still
holds all the power and has access to the mother . . .

Squirrleymojo: Ah ha! So when the little boy
first learns about the cycle of blood,
well, then that explains it all: A GAPING WOUND.

Scary sh*t for a little boy, don't you think?

Irigrary: You know, I read this much much differently.
We, we are an ocularcentric culture, no?

Squirrleymojo: A who?

Irigrary: An ocularcentric culture that focuses on
what can be seen--our sciences--our value systems--
all on the *presense.* When Freud farted out his theory,
he placed a traditional emphasis on the penis
as what can be seen to indicate power between the different
sexes. You see? The only difference in Freud's mind
is the penis; therefore it must be all powerful--

Squirrleymojo: So a woman needs a penis to, erm, well,
"fill" her *nothingness,* her, forgive me, "hole"?

Irigrary: Precisely! Now we are onto something dear girl!
Only, lets take a moment and theorize outside the penis,
if you will . . . what if, and lets take a huge leap here,
what if instead of "nothing," a woman had two?

Squirrleymojo: Two?!?

Irigrary: Yes. Yes, two lips that constantly caress
eachother and satisfy the woman without a man--he then
becomes an interruptor--a violent intrusion
into woman's own autoeroticism.

Freud: That's absurd you fiendish nitwit! I've listened
to you two chatter like monkies--

Darwin: Told you so--

Freud: Long enough! Now listen here, it's like my PAPpa
use to tell me--If it bleeds for three days and
ain't dead yit, must be evil!

16 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Always glad I stopped by!

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you say penis?

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

You are turning into quite the smart *ss MC--I love this shade of sarcasm on you--keep it up fuzzball.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

My vote for the next post: other figures weigh in, perhaps Sartre, Hegel, and Kierkegaard.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

I can already see Hegel writing incoherently about genital dialicticalism and the inevability of the penis (which is now entering into perfection) !

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I am always glad, no sarcasm at all.

Thhppt

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I understood this up to the woman with tulips part. What does a plant have to do with anything..

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Fred said...

I understood most of it, too. But then again, I always come back a few times. Your writing is like a great movie; you have to see it twice to understand it.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yadda yadda--this post is way too boring for me.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Tulips! Blue you are amazing darling!

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

Kierkegaard???? Tim, the whole point is that Hegel had much more important things to write about, eh?? Men write universals; women, grocery lists. :-(

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

but you were witty too, tim!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

fred--if i can't write clearly, then i suck. thanks for pointing that out in the nicest way possible! :-)

but it wasn't too bad for no coffee, an incredible back ache, and no revision--I may return to it . . . and take Tim's advice too. It could be fun . . .

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger Vicarious Living said...

I cannot believe I've been missing out on these posts.... I blame work, of course.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Thelonius said...

Hey, don't knock universals. People need universals as much as they need grocery lists. And without Hegel there'd be no Irigaray. Where d'you think she learned how to do immanent critique? But of course that's why you hate him. Men don't have a monopoly on megalomania, they've just had the dubious luxury of having more opportunities for it.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

I'll keep my tulips...no penis envy here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home