SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, December 16, 2005

Will the Phone Ever Stop Ringing?

One aspect of myself
that I am learning
about with age
is to trust my instincts more.

What are instincts?
Not so much genetic, located
in the webbings of DNA, but more so
internalized interpretations
of our immediate environments . . .

Learning to distinguish between friend and foe,
what benefits, what harms--
the opposite of instinct?

Tearing down these binaries
only to discover:

[. . .] individual protest is potentially self-destructive, and only communal protest is capable of subverting symbolic structures. (Emma Parker 11)

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

But what isn't potentially self-destructive? Hm.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

If you publish your blog and the blog comments can I be a cowboy in the story..

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

HB2: No. You are a bicycle man with an obsessive blog about furry animals.

Sorry. :-(

But I say you are witty . . . does that make up for the lack of chaps and spurs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home