SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, December 16, 2005

Speaking of Acts of Love and Service

Who fluffs the tree in your home?

Perhaps my greatest act of love
during the holiday season is to fluff the tree.

May I be so bold
as to suggest that there is really only one way
to fluff the tree:

Start at the bottom
in a spiral motion going up the tree
take each individual branch
and fluff every spree
as if it were reaching
for a sun never seen--

[sorry, carried away by the simple
rhyme of eeeeee]

anyway. The whole process
is tedious and scratchy--
particularly if one's hands
are often dry this time of year.
Lotion doesn't always help (it can
magnify the pricks, actually).

But if I didn't fluff the tree,
someone, no doubt, would attack the thing
with arms out stretched, from the top down,
willy-nilly, until the poor thing
looked, well, half-*ssed.


Oh look: it's snowing at the picture window.
How appropriate.
Is 9:47 really too early for wine?

7 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Tim P. said...

9:47 is not to early for wine

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Don't tell anyone this, but I don't like wine. It tastes icky. Perhaps I just haven't been properly introduced to wine.

Coffee tastes icky too.

And beer.

I have no culture, clearly.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

I didn't know that lotion magnified anything, let alone what you said..

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

MC, I'm shocked! Particularly due to your obvious fascination with text (for me, text and alcohol are inseperable).

What about cigars, pipes, and classical music?

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

MC: Don't listen to the potential snobs (certainly not aimed at our dear friend tim)--start with something fruity and not too dry (may I be as bold as to suggest an "Asti Spumanti," Martini & Rossi, if it counts?). Sip until you acquire a taste (much like coffee, I suppose). Slightly tart strawberries can help.

Tim: Cigars and pipes? far too romantic of a notion, I believe . . .

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Thanks for the advice, cool.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Our tree is two feet tall and is completely decorated when we pull it out of the box...we just plug it in and it's ready to go. Very little "fluffing" is necessary...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home