SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, February 24, 2006

Fridays and Fridays

Students tackling the "Role Analysis" paper
are beginning each first sentences with:
When a child is born . . ."

David fricken Copperfield all over again.
Only 4 pages instead of 563.

The branch in my home town
has asked me to stay and teach WS there;
they are beginning a new program, a BA, actually,
and I hope I can get in on the ground floor.
I'm now certified to teach upper levels.

There's more prep work for WS, but a heck of alot
less grading than ENG!
I feel as if I shall never get through all of these papers
this weekend. Groan. Groan. 33 left.

Otherwise, I am due at Habitat for the newsletter as well.
Ra Ra.
I hid the WalMart picture CD from Habitat
underneath some papers here at the office--LoL--
don't want to be burned at the stake. It's not mine . . .

Did I mention my partner volunteered to teach Sunday school
at his boss's church?
I've tried to go a couple times, but I don't quite feel right . . .

For example, J was preaching, using a powerpoint
presentation, on our bodies being 70% water and how we
need to not be stagnate. Fine. True. But the powerpoint
image behind him got stuck on some cartoon image of the devil!
So the entire time I'm trying to listen to him (he likes
to have my comments afterward), there's this image of the devil
rubbing his hands and
grinning behind him! Creepy.

Well. Just when I thought I couldn't bare the distraction, the bulb blows
in the projector--POP--and the image is gone.

I haven't been back since.

9 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Devil image popped the bulb - interesting omen.

You said:
"I'm now certifiable to teach upper levels."

Hee hee!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Made you look.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

That was mean.



Am I really this bad? Where's the nearest hole?

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

I'm going to trust myself from now on d*mnit!

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Tim P. said...

at least the devil got broke... i hope no one was cut by the glass-

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Powerpoint in Sunday school class… eh, seems like it should be chisel and stone still… There is a church in Texas with a Starbucks. Thank you for my grande latte Lord.

I’m glad I’m going to hell and don’t have to worry about stuff like that.

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger PBS said...

That Sunday school sounds much more interesting than the one I had to attend as a child!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Lillee said...

Hmmm...your partner is a Christian?

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger kazumi said...

Hm. At least you weren't raised in the Hillsong Church like me.

They have credit card facilities for giving (complete with tax deduction details if the amount is over $2), a professional counselling system that only costs the distressed $80/hour and forget powerpoint presentations - you're not allowed to wear white on stage as it doesn't show up well on the tv cameras.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home