SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, March 03, 2006

Post #6: Writing Group

My writing group has gone sour.
You must tell me what images you see:


Exhibit

The sign read: Café.
But he wasn’t so sure.

On one foot he stood
at the mahogany counter
poised with a flaming pink tie,
pruning, if you will.

He watched Ariel float by
with lacquered sea weed
for hair, spread thick on the canvas.
Her sea-shelled breast looked awkward.

Alligator shoes lounged
nearby under the table lamps.
Yawning. Laptops opened wide.
Numbers flying. Steam rolling.

He walks among them;
They look to the walls.


I'll let you know the insult they gave me soon.

1 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I see:
Cherry brown indecision
pink and bright
bleached pale white by salt and sun
green and scaly sleepy eyed waiting

blurred frescoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home