SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, June 26, 2006

My Coffee Pot Is a Busted POS

Off to the Main Campus today.
Will sit in the same office and speak
to the professor who convinced
me 6 years ago not to drop out of college.

This fall, I'll be teaching a linked course with him.
He's a Classics man. We'll be examining
ancient cultures, HIST 1-something, with my 153.

I'm a bit nervous. This guy is also the chair
of his department and an absolute profectionist . . .
I'm such a small fry, a bit player really.


Meanwhile, we are putting in a bid this afternoon.
And I've got cold feet.
What if we get stuck with this house forever?
Only now, my realtor is a "friend" and I can't
screw her over too . . . she's been so great.

3 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger kazumi said...

Which House? Both?

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Hmn. Every house will have its down side. All you can do is make the best choice you can afford.

I'd say "good luck" with the linked teaching thing, but you totally kick booty and don't need it.

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Mc etcher. Buy a house you can't afford and run it into the ground before it's repossessed.
Ummm..I guess that isn't exactly what he meant.
You are a giant fish in a tiny pond in my mind. That snooty perfectionist is lucky to have your help with his boring course..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home