SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Sunday, July 09, 2006

July 9th, 1992

Beautiful. Especially the 8am feed.
When I first met her, I couldn't believe
they wouldn't just let me sleep.
Now? To be back in that moment would be so dreamy . . .


2006
I bought two window fans tonight
because I'm tired of having the air on--
always closed up, both winter and summer . . .
tonight is lovely and I won't miss it.

The house situation? Haven't heard anything since Monday.
Monday. Unbelievable.
If we go with Bunting?
I'll have 5 rooms to paint before September!
Do you remember last summer's basement project?!?
Shiver.

So this weekend has been utterly unproductive:
films and movies galore.
Instead of _Pirates_, I had to, groan, see _Click_
with Adam Sandler. But it turned out to be a decent flick.
Every film I dread seems ok once I'm in the midst of a dark theater.
Then, after _Pink_ and _SG_ (see previous post),
we rented _Chumscrubber_ and _Everything's Illuminated_.

Why is Elijah Wood's neck so big?

Anyway, Ebert was right on target with his review of Click;
Glenn Close was freaky in Chum; and I close my eyes to sunflowers.
All 3 films deserve a few more words . . .
but where would I begin? and why?

I'm off to read _The Botany of Desire_--ever hear tell of it?

3 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just watched Band Camp. It was good in a childishly adult way.
Suprisingly I have never heard of the book. Is it about plant sex..

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Lillee said...

I saw the Pirate movie this weekend. It's dissappointingly overrated.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Meow?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home