SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, July 03, 2006

Thunder--this'll be quick.

we had to walk away from the bargaining--
the Seller's realtor was getting a bit nasty:
"My client told me not to call him back
with anything [a bid] lower--he said he'd
rather rent it out than give it away."

#1] I'm not convinced the realtor was passing along
our information to the seller (ie. I think she is lieing).
Not only is she the franchise owner of Century 21 in this area,
with 30 years experience and nothing to loose by having this
house wait on the market for another year while she sells others,
but we have also caught her in 3, count them, 3 other lies.
The last exchange happened over the phone, without
an official bid being written up,
in fact, we've never received anything (rejection or otherwise)
signed from the sellers at all . . .

Meanwhile, our own realtor is so sincere and honest,
she doesn't ever find anything suspicious!

Sigh.

Oh, I guess there's no #2.

Except house #2. Bunting Ct. Suburb-city. Yuk.
I mean, a willow tree. Yes. "Sunrush" community? No.
The enire kitchen needs redone. The whole upstairs.
Did I tell you there's a sh*tty intercom system through out?
I don't know why.

Nothing else is suitable in this area . . .


How were your fireworks? Saturday night
we went to a small village that sets off the most
amazing show -- there seemed to be several new varieties
this year:

1] Everyone in my group claimed that this banal
sparkler that had delayed offshoots was new, but I didn't think so.
2] I argued that the orange smoker was new -- a huge flash of
absolute blinding light (like a nuclear flash or sci-fi war-of-the-worlds
stunt) followed by a glimps of a thick orange smoke bomb followed
by an incredible boom.
3] A dancing caterpillar fell from the sky, swirling and whirling
to the ground . . . only the wind seemed to blow it into the parking lot
and perhaps on a couple cars . . .
4] For the first time, we were hit by ash--in our eyes, down our blouces,
huge chunks falling, burning from the sky, raining on the cars . . .
5] The grand finale made me feel as if I were in the middle of a war zone;
perhaps a couple of michieveous hobbits found their way into the tent
and let off everything at once . . . the sight was blinding, we couldn't hear,
and, again, ash rained

another show Tuesday.

Hope you are all having fun.

2 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger Matt said...

We normally eschew traditional firework displays because one half of us doesn't like hot summer nights and neither of us likes the lingering smell of black powder smoke. But I might get some sparklers from the grocery store and go running through the yard, one in each hand, making spirals. That does sound like fun. (The other half will happily watch from a closed window under the air vent.)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Dragonfly said...

I´m sorry it didn´t turn out the way you wanted..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home