SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Lillee Reminds Me

I haven't posted about those imaginary
cyotes in a while . . .

If I had twins,
Twin A would relate this vision to me
over McDonald French Fries:

"I was thinking. [Munch Munch] I was
a leader in a war.
And people were getting shot.
[He would begin to gaze off at this point.]
I drove my tank in front of them.
To protect them.
Then [he would look at me] I turned around
and shot at the other guys.
I died."

I would give a side glance to my 14ish-daughter,
who would lift her eyebrows at me.

Twin A would take a drink of milk.

"I was thinking that I would have to be a leader
[Twin A would start again]
because they wouldn't let me do it."

"Wow." I would simply comment.
Then reflect on the cold medicine I had been taking.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

I would do that..I would say "Wow" and gaze off. Missing that the child had seen the news the night beore and had watched the war-going on's with horror. I catch my eight year watching the news more than I care for him too. I wonder if he's afraid?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

They sell milk at McDonalds. Who knew..

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

I'm sure we're all surprised to hear that your imaginary coyotes are kooky individuals.

hee hee hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home