SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

GAMC

I once worked at a hospital, as a patient rep in a smallish billing department.

That was between '92 and '96. When HMO was a new, omnious word lurking on the horizon. Fresh out of High School, I had worked my way to this position through the admissions department. I am not that old; however, I find it remarkable that we were using typewriters to admit patients to the ER. Now, at HH, using a typewriter makes me nervous.

I was in charge of hooking up the INS Billing department to some mysterious source at the state capitol. Later, I would probably use the term "online" to describe the process. That was before "windows" (seeing a blank screen w/ a "C:" still scares me) and during a time when one could still hear the modem dialing . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home