SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Two Cups of Soup Later

About 8 years ago I heard the rudest remark fly out from a "friend's" mouth concerning his wife's performance in bed:

"She's great out of the barn, but no endurance." Snicker, snicker.

This comment has haunted me for years. What a metaphor. For some twisted reason, I want to aplly this to my profession: I make a dazzling first impression, but do I have the follow through?


Also, please note that life _does_ actually crumble when you are ill.
The body lays in bed, yet the personal relationships built around this body continue about the day in all apparent innocence--reconnecting, refortifing, laughing-- without you.
Certain chores will not be done. No one will wipe the toothpaste off the sink, put away the vegtables into the crisper, sign, date, and place the contracts in the mail.
These burdens will, indeed, pile up and attempt to overwhelm you as soon as you swing your miss-matched socks out of bed, onto the floor littered in kleenxes.

Yesterday, when I awoke from a late afternoon nap, I noticed that it was 5:30 and still light outside. I decided to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home