SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Most Mornings

Most mornings I start my day with a cup of dark self-brew;
I often put too many grounds in the filter.
There are those mornings, like today,
that I feel the need/urge to drink just one more.
I simply cannot wake up, too sluggish.
Another cup and a half. Pink Sweet and Low packets,
moist with coffee scatter the counter.
The microwave blandly blinks 8:23; I'm suddenly totally wired.
I become upset with my burnt toast, China's red herring use of Tiawan.

This is the ritual.
I find myself rumaging through the fridge
looking for something to mix with a shot of Vodka:

Diet Lime Coke?

4 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

Although it wasn't a morning libation, I did find myself mixing lime vodka with Tang the other day. How sad is that? [I'll tell you what's sadder -- it was pretty good.;)]

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Mmmm...I love diet coke with lime mixed with Capt. Morgans rum.

Vodka, as of late, has kicked my royal ass....I can't drink it anymore.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger 보보 said...

unfortunately, i still have to wait another year to drink legally. if i were in my home country, i could've started months ago! when that day does finally come, what do you recommend? ;)

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Lillee said...

I use to like vodka with Sunny D lemonade. GREAT STUFF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home