SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Am I Transparent?

Last night, or maybe early this morning,
I walked up to my mother
sitting at the kitchen breakfast nook
and learned that in the early 70s
she had been stationed in San Francisco
by Flower Power.
Soon afterward, she confessed
to my transparent spirit
that she had, indeed, aborted me.

Is that f-ed up, or what? Time to put
Toni Morrison's _Beloved_ back on the shelf.
Along with a 2003 personal journal of mine
that explored the effects of my being an "accident" . . .
Not a good combo.

Today! Must get oil changed.
Why do I need an appointment for an oil change?
And why would the receptionist call me the night
before in order to remind me of the oil change?
It isn't a doctor's office.
If it was, the mechanic could refuse me oil
on the grounds of "moral objections."
sorry, just thinking of a friend's OBGYN . . .

Also, I have a crack in my windshield.
It begins in the lower left quadrant and is working its
way up to the top. Does not impair my vision.
However, I was told several months ago by State Patrol
to get it fixed.
Delima?
Should I pay the $120+ now and get it fixed,
or take my chances??
I've heard the Staties can pull you over
and make you get a tow?
I donated $20 bucks this year to
the State Highway Patrol;
do you think if I put their little sticker in my window
that they won't fine me??
Man, $120 can buy a decent pair of shoes
or even dinner and a movie . . .

Advice for the day:
Do not make your bed.
Expose those dirty bacteria b*stards to the light.
Do not do laundry.
If you keep up on your laundry,
how will you know what you have already worn
earlier this week? Would you want to wear the
same outfit 2x in one week?! I thought not.

4 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Put the sticker on the crack in your winshield. That should confuse them.

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I can't believe I'm going to admit this but I am so anal, I have a little calander in our bedroom where I actually write down what I've worn the week before so I don't wear it two weeks in a row.

How sad is that?

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

"Follow the Bouncing Ball!"

...She was born in a virtual valleee, Greenest state in the Land of Bree, Raised in the woods so she knew every tree, Wrastled herself a bear when she was only three,

Squirrley, Squirrley Mojo
Queen of the Bloggie frontier...

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger 보보 said...

your advice is exactly what i do everyday ;)
and i think h&b2's idea is pretty good. put the sticker on the crack!

i like your writing..i think i may be coming more often. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home