SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Someone's Watching Me

I have a sneaky suspicion that someone is wathing me.
Someone is reading this post, yet leaving no sign, hint, or track
of her/his passing . . .

Like a shadow luming over me, I feel this person's presence,
this person's dread and despair. The foul breath of terror . . .


Ok, so I would never ever write horror. Get over it. I have way too many appetizers on my dish as it is. Since this is Tuesday, and lists are quick, easy, and readily accessible, here goes:

1. I never allow students to use lists in their writing; in fact, lists are taboo where I come from.
2. I think someone is watching me.
3. I woke up at 6:00am to prepare the final for WS100, and blogged instead.
4. I can't remember my name this early in the morning.
5. I hope this list isn't too long.
6. All of my items on this list so far, with the exception of this item, have begun with "I"--am I really that narcissistic? which comes first the "s"s or "c"s?
7. My partner refuses to get out of bed. My partner is threatening to quit work today. If this senerio should come about, we will starve. No pressure.
8. No one is laughing. I am serious. So, good.

This I mean to blog:

a. I am in need of a tenus shot. Last one, December 1990.
b. I think someone is watching me.
c. I bought a lavendar silk top. I am scared to wear lavendar. It is the bad color.
d. All of the clues match up. This time I am sure.
e. The final! Must write the final!

Flatline.

6 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Why are lists taboo? Is not all writing a series of ideas strung together? One could make a list, and then remove the 1)'s or the a)'s and no one would be the wiser.

I'm not challenging your opinion, I'm just curious why lists are taboo. Hmm?

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

too surface--too quick.

not enough critical thought.

no details.

sometimes boring.

no explicit connections.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

All right, all right - stop describing my blog and explain why you don't like lists. :o)

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

paranoia? paranoia?

such a filthy term to bring up in polite conversation . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home