SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Monday, June 06, 2005

Kissing Between the Tongues

I imagine if I ever did have a child,
some unimaginable event would scar my sex life for ever . . .

For example:

In my liberal attempts to expose my six-year-old
to the "realities" of our culture,
I might have, say, let him watch a harmless episode of _Lost_.

The lead female, at one point,
would reach into kiss one of the lead males,
and it would be an open mouth kiss . . .
a long sensuous, open mouthed kiss.
Even though I may have been socially constructed
to feel incredibly awkward at this moment,
I would resist the urge to "shield" him from the kiss.

Our culture is so screwed up in the way we look at sex
as compared to violence, no? Sex is wonderful & "natural."

Weeks later.

The second day of summer break would find the child
crawling into bed with us as the daylight began to break.
Snuggle snuggle.
I peal open my eyes and see his angelic face
melt into grins.
I turn my head and see my partner in the same light.
Glorious summer morn.
Yet, as I peck my partner good morning on the cheek,
I would probably hear something, well,
mortifing from the child behind me like:

"It's ok if you kiss between the tongue, right?
You are both 30, right?"

6 Comments:

At 1:40 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

OMG that's funny. I knew you'd have funny kiddo's

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! How sweet!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

It is strange that sex is less acceptable than violence..

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Tee said...

actually, it's even more funny, in a strange way. becuz the kiddo(s) see that as the *way to kiss*, and they come at you like a large-mouth bass, and you start laughing, and they get all hurt, and cry... then you spend a half-hour explaining that daddys kiss their kids like this *peck*, and they kiss mommy like this *shmooch*, and only teenagers and drunks do that "reality-tv" b.s. - at least that was my story, and i'm stickin' to it...

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm you're really obsessed with having children, and how it would be if you had kids. I can't help but be curious why?
blue2go

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Lillee said...

The other day, I was in the mall trying on a new dress. I had to take my four and three yr olds with me into the dressing room, because we were alone. I instructed them to sit quietly while I slipped off my clothes, as I did so my four yr old hollered. "WOW LOOK AT THOSE BOOBIES!" at the top of her lungs.
The funny thing is, I am guilty of running around naked, hubby is always yelling at me for it..but at that particular moment, she had to be amazed.............

Don't have kids, save your sanity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home