SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So yeah, I christened the Habitat House
with my head
the moment I stepped through the frame.

Lately, I've been, well, a sort-of,
let's just say, clutz with vertigo . . .
not a good combo for a construction site?
Who says? Whatev.

After that initial embarrassment,
b/c that's when I was being introduced, naturally,
I basically stood around with my hands on my hips,
out in the blaring sun,
like so many road contruction crews I've seen.

Ahhh, the understanding. Finally.

But seriously?
I can lift. My body, my muscles felt great.
The people were absolutely fantastic.

You should definately try this.

6 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Very cool! Glad you had a good experience. Wish I had the wherewithal to volunteer someplace.

Kudos!

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just mailed thirty boxes home, which means I had to PACK thirty boxes, haul them to my car, haul them out of the car, and haul them in to the post office.

I feel so tough.

Heh.

Not. I had a dolly.

YOU, on the other hand, are tough. I want to be you when I grow up.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Rainypete said...

Building anything gives one a satisfied feeling. People love to "create" somthing. Tho build something for a good cause makes it all that much sweeter.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Tee said...

sweet! except the bonk on the head.
sounds like you are a natural construction supervisor...

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Jenny Jump said...

Hi SquirrleyMojo,
are you a squirrel? Have you read "the Fire Within" by Chris d'Lacey. Great squirrel story with dragons too.
Thankyou for commenting on our blogs.
Keep up your good works and weird words, Jen and Lucy
basket of nuts for you

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great that you were able to volunteer for something like HFH. So, you hit your head--poor thing. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home