SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Dangers of Intimacy

I never considered
the impact my medications might
have on my partner.

My doctor gave me a script for WellBrufin now,
and I never hesitated.
I have become such a pill popper.

While my partner over-cooked the pasta
last night, he slipped:
"[something somethin] you'll have to take
even more medication just to stand living
with me soon [blah blah]."

There was a bit of hurt in his eyes.
More damage.

I didn't know what to say.
Because it's kindof true.
Not _him_, you see, but the situation
I find myself in during this portentous year.
He does know me. Oh so very intimately.
And I wish he didn't have to see
what he finds there.

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

That's a difficult situation.

Clearly hugs are in order.

HUG!

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

You need to get him some pills to make him more docile..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home