SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Green tissue paper
and a WWII Kimono
tossed aside
in a room filled with flying dragons
and jigsaw kittens

I can't even begin
to read _Woman Warrior_
without wondering
what I'm buying into

Hello Kitty seems more the fashion
as I pass women every day
huddled and giggling with dyed red hair
speaking in words I can almost catch
with the swing of a hip, flash of an eye,
or jut of a chin

Different but same.
Different but same.
I must find our paths
snaking around these books and essays,
and world economies,
without getting lost in all the exotic foliage.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger MC Etcher said...

Variations on a theme...

Blue bubble wrap
and a Hilton Bathrobe
folded neatly
on the rug with fleur de lis print
and rampant lions

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

You certainly got some strange Christmas gifts.
I got socks..

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger dot said...

You peaked my interest. I ordered that book from Amazon today.

Used, of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home