SquirrleyMojo:

Bet You Thought I'd Never Write Here

Saturday, December 03, 2005

You Rotton Readers! [& Old School Gossip]

You!

You people read much too closely!
I'm aghast that most of you have discovered
something so personal at last!

Next thing you know, we'll all be having coffee--
or better yet, holiday drinks at the Hyatt . . .
discussing eachother's inner most desires
and theories for a better society . . .

Speaking of a better society reminds me
of the dregs and rabble of society,
my dear long-time friend (not
that she is a dreg or piece of rabble)
confided in me that she had,
indeed, been invited to work on the details for our
XXth High School Class Reunion.

Imagine!

Me? Never, of course. But! Apparently this said group
of cheerleading individuals [alas, another secret unraveled,
I am not, in fact, a cheerleader and never was]
had already spent every dime of the Class budget
on the 5th year reunion!

It gets better.

So! What to do? Why, ask everyone to pitch in 20 bucks
so that we can rent the High School _Caffeteria_ (!!)
for the occasion! Is that hysterical, or what?

5 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger SquirrleyMojo said...

YIKES! & Double Yikes--LOL.

I hope you find my corrections suitable Indiaiynke!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Fred said...

I'm okay with being a dreg. It pays pretty well for me, anyway.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger swamp4me said...

High school reunions. Never made it to one. Next year will mark 30 years since my graduation from high school (hey, hey, we got kicks! we're the class of '76) -- I have no plans to attend the reunion.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Thelonius said...

I'm okay with being a dreg too. This year would be my fifteenth high school reunion, but I don't think there is one. I'd definitely go if there was. I think it would be fascinating to see how many of the others are dregs and of what variety.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Happy and Blue 2 said...

Can I be a rabble..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home